The South Central District, National Society, Sons of the American Revolution
Vice President General: Leslie Magee, Arkansas Society
Vice President General Nominee (2016-2017): TBA, Kansas Society
Immediate Past Vice President General: Stephen Rohrbough, Texas Society
SCD Secretary: Dennis Nelson, Kansas Society
Color Guard Commander: Frank Rohrbough, Texas Society
Five State Societies comprise the South Central District: Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, & Texas, affording the acronym "MOKAT". SCD meetings are hosted by sponsoring state societies in the following order: Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas
South Central District (SCD) Annual Meeting
Friday, August 26 and Saturday, August 27, 2016
At the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
6100 College Blvd • Overland Park • Kansas 66211, (844) 455-3023
Vice President General, South Central District, Leslie Magee, and President Kansas Society Sons of the American Revolution (SAR), Brooks Lyles
- Cordially invite Compatriots and Guests of the National Society SAR and the SCD State Societies to attend the Annual District Meeting, August 26-27, 2016, Overland Park, KS.
- Highlights of the SCD annual meeting include Guest of Honor, President General Mike Tomme; “Meet the Candidates Forum” for Officers seeking national office in 2017 -2018; and a Reception followed by Banquet on Friday evening. Dress for the banquet is business attire (No tuxedos please) or Color Guard uniform; and cocktail or evening dress for the ladies.
- On Saturday, there is a Business meeting in the morning to vote and endorse National Candidates, as well as the SCD VPG nomination for 2017-2018. Compatriot Bill Marrs, Texas Society and Chairman National SAR Information Technology Committee, will brief SCD attendees on the web site and Membership on-line application changes at National.
- The Annual Meeting will conclude by 12:00 pm (noon). The attire is business suit or Color Guard uniform for the business meeting.
- There will be a Ladies Program on Saturday morning 9:00am – 11:30 am. Casual attire is the dress for the ladies tour.
The SCD Meeting Registration Form, Hotel Reservation and Rate information, and Travel arrangements from and to the Kansas City International Airport are posted below..
Those who wish to stay Saturday night to tour local attractions are encouraged to make reservations at the contract rate for the SCD Annual Meeting with departure on Sunday. There are five (5) rooms available under the Hotel contract.
For questions on the SCD annual meeting contact Peter Grassl: (913) 481-5469 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions on the web page content contact Stephen Rohrbough at email@example.com.
For technical questions on web page contact Ray Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: 15 July, 2016